Where do you expect the next technology giant will emerge from? According to a recent article by Jimmy Daily of State Tech, there’s a whole network of Silicon-esque hotbeds in the United States. Some locations you’d be able to guess and others you wouldn’t, here’s the full list:
- Silicon Alley — New York City, New York
- Silicon Bayou — New Orleans, Louisiana
- Silicon Beach — Los Angeles, California
- Silicon Canal — Seattle, Washington
- Silicon Desert — Phoenix, Arizona
- Silicon Forest — Portland, Oregon
- Silicon Harbor — Charleston, South Carolina
- Silicon Hill — Washington, D.C.
- Silicon Hills — Austin, Texas
- Silicon Prairie — “The Heartland”
- Silicon Shire — Eugene and Springfield, Oregon
- Silicon Slopes — Utah
Each of these places named in reverence to Silicon Valley can quickly become the ideal springboard for the nation’s next biggest innovation.
Read more on each “Silicon” here.
- Silicon Alley Insider: This Woman’s Husband Just Quit His Job And She Is As Thrilled As She Is Terrified (businessinsider.com)
- Silicon Valley Could Be Heading For a New Stock Collapse. (slashdot.org)
- New growth forest: Portland startups begin to crack the Silicon Forest 25 (siliconflorist.com)
- Twitter more than doubles its footprint in Silicon Valley (bizjournals.com)